Manager Corporate Venture Capital Jobs Vacancy in Agility Logistics
Agility Logistics urgently required following position for Manager Corporate Venture Capital. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Corporate Venture Capital Jobs Vacancy in Agility Logistics Jobs Details:
About Agility Corporate Ventures
Agility Ventures is the corporate venture arm of Agility. We are actively partnering with start-ups who are championing technologies that can help build faster, more secure, and more sustainable supply chains.
Our strategy is two-fold; first, to transform our business through technology to become one of the leading digital players in our industry. Second, to further drive a “digitally forward” mindset by investing in innovative start-ups and entrepreneurs who are reshaping the future of logistics. We invest in companies and technologies that have strong applications to the supply chain, including: Freight platforms, ecommerce enablement, last mile, sustainability, AI, IOT, big data, and block chain.
Agility Ventures offers start-ups unrivaled access to a global network of resources and the know-how to incubate, invest and scale the best ideas. Our partners can tap into Agility’s roster of 60,000+ global customers, supplier network, and strong on-the ground relationships in more than100 countries.
Manage investment projects from concept to implementation, execution and post transaction management as well as investment management and investment controlling. Engage with investors, senior leadership, business representatives, and technology teams to source and launch leading tech innovations globally.
- Evaluate a pipeline of relevant startups aligned with the organization’s technology investment strategy
- Work with technical evaluation advisors to evaluate companies’ business value
- Perform due diligence on prospective investments including technology/product (leveraging expertise from the firm's operational business groups), business model, financials, competition, market, management, etc.
- Collaborate with investment professionals within the VC team and other key internal venture partners including BD, M&A, and Marketing to ensure all necessary data points are properly captured for reporting and modeling, and that processes and workflows are aligned to meet requirements
- Participate in and eventually drive negotiation of key investment terms
- Widely and actively connect to VC, incubator, accelerator and startup companies to establish and maintain good relationships
- Manage the venture investment portfolio
Key Skills and Expertise:
- A proven track record of having delivered large scale innovative transformation projects.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills with a high attention to details
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation skills and the ability to communicate ideas effectively, at all levels throughout the organization
- Fund Accounting and IT skills a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Other Key competencies:
- Natural curiosity to learn technologies, business models and industry trends
- Data-driven mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Entrepreneurial personality with a sound judgment to make decisions in an ambiguous, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to handle several projects and different stakeholders simultaneously, and prioritize work based on deadlines
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability of work product
Education & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an analyst/associate at a top-tier investment bank, strategy consulting, or PE/VC firm with deal experience, ideally in the technology industry
- Experience in financial analysis/modeling including development of valuation models as well as experience managing due diligence processes
- Proven track record of big picture strategic thinking with the experience of having led the adoption of new technologies and full life-cycle of product/solution management