Patriot Communications Technician Jobs Vacancy in Raytheon Kuwait City
Raytheon Kuwait City urgently required following position for Patriot Communications Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patriot Communications Technician Jobs Vacancy in Raytheon Kuwait City Jobs Details:
The Patriot Communications Technician is responsible for the organizational repair/maintenance of all communications equipment in support of the Kuwait Patriot Modernization Program. This includes computer networking with Cisco systems equipment, OSPF routing, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN connections, Virtual Private Networking, fiber optic links, and communication packet analysis. The Patriot Communication Technician will provide technical assistance and “self-sustainment” training to FMS Patriot personnel, as well as to the modernization efforts of Patriot Battery systems. The technician will provide technical advice and assistance for the testing, maintenance, repair and operation of all ultra-high frequency / very high frequency (UHF/VHF) communications equipment and links located throughout the Patriot System to include the associated tower and COMSEC equipment. Additionally, the Patriot Communications Technician will interface with the depot communications engineering for support as required. Implementing RF and Electrical safety protocols. Creating 2404 and entering non-conformance into Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (iMRO). This position is located in the Republic of Kuwait, and is a 12 month Long Term Assignment.
- Must have at least 10 years of related communications experience in a military setting
- Knowledge base on country Specific UHF and VHF radios, modems
- RLRIU, encryptors, call managers, network diagnostic tools, routers, switches and gateways
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, fault isolation, repair, and test of radio and communications equipment
- Proficiency using commercial test equipment to input test signals, signal traces and voltages, current and resistance measurements to isolate faults and recognize solutions
- Experience and training in IT communications, Cisco networking, and TCP/IP type LAN/WAN connections
- Proficiency in the use of commercial test equipment and tools used in troubleshooting and repair of electronic circuits is mandatory
- Experience and training using typical communication test instruments
- Knowledge of basic and advanced electronics, HFSSB, VHF/UHF/AM and multiplex communications systems and associated control or switching equipment is required
- Knowledge base on Internet Protocols (IP) and country specific IP Scheme and SPIN Tool. Understanding of Radio Frequency (RF) propagation
- Familiar with test tools identified to support SICO such as EDX software, OScope, Network Analyzers, fluke, wireshark, and RF Sniffers
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work in an extreme desert heat environment
- Travel between inter-country sites is required
- An active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience working on the Patriot Missile System
- Should be skilled in troubleshooting and repair of the SINCGARS, MIDS terminals, JTIDS and similar type radios
- Should be skilled in troubleshooting and repair of the Thales 9310, Ultra 245. Capable of being tower climb certified
- Experience with ATDL-1, Link-11, Link-16, and PADIL operations
- Demonstrated experience or working knowledge of CPX-200/300, MLT- 220, and international Digital Switch Multiplexing Equipment
- Knowledge in the repair of secure digital fiber optic links and networks. Lock-Out Tag-Out Certified
- Bachelors Degree with 4 years of related experience, or Associates Degree with 8 years experience or HS Diploma/GED with 12 years of related experience.