Heavy Equipment Mechanic Jobs Vacancy in Vectrus
Vectrus urgently required following position for Heavy Equipment Mechanic. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Jobs Vacancy in Vectrus Jobs Details:
- Performs the full range of repair and modification work on heavy/light equipment and vehicles powered by internal combustion engines.
- Inspecting, servicing, maintaining, repairing, replacement, adjusting and testing of wheeled vehicles and material handling equipment systems, subsystems and components
- Service automotive electrical systems including wiring harness, and starting and charging systems.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Repairs, relines, replaces, and adjusts brakes.
- Follows checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Follows repair procedures, using charts, and technical manuals.
- Tests and adjusts repaired systems to meet military performance specifications.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses hydraulic systems.
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses engine, drivetrain, steering and brake systems.
- Repairs, adjusts and/or replaces faulty components.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent with training in equipment maintenance and management procedures at the Field/Sustainment Level of maintenance.
- Apprenticeship in Light/Heavy Automobile Repair, Automotive Mechanic or similar preferred.
- MOS 91B/H/S or equivalent military training preferred (DD 214 required to validate training).
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Kuwait Heavy Driver’s License. Note: US driver’s license must be valid for at least 18-24 months after hiring date.
- HAZMAT Handling/Transportation Training – desired.
- Must have knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Familiar with the use of military electronic or paper version technical manuals.
- Ability to read, analyzes, understand and interprets blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, reports technical publications and documents.
- The ability to troubleshoot, determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and oral, in English.
- Ability to work in a diverse workforce.
- Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation, and teamwork.
- Must exercise discretion and good sound judgment.
- Knowledgeable of the Army Maintenance Management Principles and Standards.
- Knowledgeable of physical security of government issued equipment.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills; must be customer-oriented and diverse.
- Ability to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion.
- Ability to work effectively with employees and management of all levels to include multi-national staff, superiors, and ranking military officers and non-commissioned officers.
- Must have good understanding in the use of MS Office other related applications.