Cyber Incident Handler Jobs Vacancy in The Buffalo Group Camp Arifjan
The Buffalo Group Camp Arifjan urgently required following position for Cyber Incident Handler. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cyber Incident Handler Jobs Vacancy in The Buffalo Group Camp Arifjan Jobs Details:
The Buffalo Group is looking for candidates with 5+ years of Computer Network Defense experience to work an OCONUS position at Camp Arifjan in Kuwait. Candidates must possess a current Security+CE and Certified Ethical Hacker certification to be considered for this position.
Cyber Response Analysts are responsible for:
- monitoring of audit events and other data from various operating systems, databases, and applications in order to analyze and correlate event data, create situational awareness, and provide trending reports.
- Analysts are responsible for detection, initial investigation, and reporting. Analysts coordinate and respond to events on all of the monitored networks and the systems on those networks.
- Analysts utilize provided workflow platforms to track security events.
- Analysts work together as a team to develop skills, sources, and methods to provide the best possible cyber defense capability to protect the sponsors IT assets from all manner of cyber threats, attacks, and exploitation.
- Analysts work together with other government organization to develop relationships across industry, the Sponsor, and partners to maintain awareness and status of all relevant cyber defense initiatives, indicator lists, threat reports, incident response techniques,
- Provide technical expertise regarding the defense of military information systems and networks.
- Monitor intrusion detection and security information management systems to discover malicious activity on U.S. Army command and control networks.
- Initiate computer incident handling procedures to isolate and investigate potential network information system compromises.
- Perform malware and/or forensic analysis as part of the incident management process.
- Design and integrate custom rules and reports into military security tools and data collection architectures.
- Conduct analysis of computer security advisories, current network penetration techniques, and military intelligence threat reports in order to improve the U.S Army computer network defense posture.
- Perform penetration testing against U.S. Army networks and information systems to uncover potential security holes that could be exploited by adversarial threat actors.
- Travel to units within theater to assist in computer network defense initiatives, incident investigations, forensic evidence collection, and end-user security awareness education.
- Deploy to other countries as required in support of U.S military operations and exercises.
- Create whitepapers and briefings to highlight emerging computer security trends to U.S. Army leadership and technical personnel.
- Perform other duties as needed to fulfill requirements specified in the contract performance work statement.
- Bachelor of Science degree and 2 years of specialized experience OR; Associates Degree plus 4 years of specialized experience OR 6 years technical experience in lieu of bachelor's degree
- Must have an active TS/SCI Applicants are required to be fully compliant with DoD 8570.1 M IA Level,
- GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP, CISA, GSE, SCNA, CISSP, or GCIH.* For 8570.1 Job Position requirements, all new employees will either be categorized as a CND Analyst (requires either a GCIA or CEH), a CND Incident Responder (requires either a GCIH, CSIH, or CEH), or a CND Auditor (requires either a CISA, GSNA, or CEH). Lastly, 8570.1 Computing Environment certification is also required, and can be satisfied with a platform specific certification or equivalent training (e.g. MCP, CCNA, RHCSA, A+, etc.).
- Shift work may be required.
- 4 years' experience using one or more of the following security applications: SNORT Intrusion Detection System, SourceFire, NetScout, McAfee Intrusion Prevention System, ArcSight SIM, HBSS, CISCO Intrusion Detection System, WireShark, BlueCoat, IronPorts, METASPLOIT, CORE Impact, ENCASE, TCPDump, Netflow, or Forensic Toolkit.
- 3 years' experience with one or more of the following operating systems: Windows7 and Windows 2003/2008/2012 SERVER, SUN-OS, LINUX, UNIX, RED HAT, CENT OS, or CISCO IOS
- 3 years' experience using and maintaining IP networks
- 2 years direct experience with U.S. military command and control or commercial LAN/WAN communication systems.
- Deployments to other countries as required in support of U.S military operations.
Job Type: Contract
- Computer Network Defense Incident Handling: 5 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Top Secret Clearance with Access to SCI
- Security+ CE
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Job Type: Full-time
- TS/SCI (Required)