Assistant Director Engineering Jobs Vacancy in The Regency Hotel
The Regency Hotel urgently required following position for Assistant Director Engineering. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Director Engineering Jobs Vacancy in The Regency Hotel Jobs Details:
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, the Assistant Director of Engineering will be responsible for the effective management of all areas in the department as well as maintenance operations, energy conservation, extending overall support to all departments within the hotel, meet regulatory compliance and perform responsibilities to the highest standards.
- Degree / Diploma in Hospitality Management or other related courses.
- Minimum of at least Two (2) years working experience in the same capacity in a 5 stars property in the Gulf Region.
- Proficiency with Facilities Management will be an advantage
- Strong leadership, excellent communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft office applications, engineering and technical software applications
The key responsibilities include :
- Create and implement maintenance strategy of the property
- Manage all maintenance related resources, internal communication, creation and implementation of detailed action plans
- Design and implement preventive maintenance systems for all hotel assets
- Create and implement maintenance standards and procedures
- Promote, build and develop a high performing team
- Support in budgeting, finance and forecasting for the department
- Negotiate and Coordinate with all contractors and vendors
- Consistently review and document all measures and procedures for emergency cases such as fire and other related incidents.
- Ensures hotel's compliance with government requirements on records, permits, licenses, etc.
- Works closely with other departments on the consideration of new and replacement equipment, furniture, building materials, new construction and building alterations.
- Determine the cost of recommended changes for budget purposes.
- Prepares for the approval of higher management, cost-saving measures in the area of the department where upon approval, ensures that these are implemented.
- Holds regular meetings with departments to review methods and procedures, plans for changes and coordinates special projects.
- Responsible for all training of personnel, in accordance with established procedures and standards.
- Establishes and administers proper work performance records and reports, inventory controls, work-order procedures and allocation of charges. Closely administers the Engineering workforce assignments and payroll.
- Coordinates all activities of Engineering personnel to ensure completion of projects and meeting deadlines or schedules.
- Ensure all water treatment of pools, Jacuzzi’s waste, guest room and grey are strictly adhered too and recorded at all times
- Inputting and extracting data from hotel systems
- Perform other assigned duties that contribute to the Hotel's mission and objectives.