Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Allied Trades Supervisor (KBO001340)
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Responsible for supervising personnel engaged in welding and fabrication of repair parts, mechanisms, tools and machinery; automotive body, frame, and hull repair; painting; glass repair; radiator repair; canvas repair; and woodworking operations. Analyzes malfunctions and supervises minor repair and adjustment of equipment utilized for allied trades operations (i.e., Grinders, Lathes, Drills, and Press) Establishes certification/training programs to ensure subordinates are qualified in current maintenance techniques, equipment operation, and meets American Welding Society (AWS) certification requirements. Employs principles of mechanics, metal identification procedures, shop mathematics, and shop layout. Establishes and directs the upkeep of bench stock, repair parts, and maintenance-related items required per applicable regulations. Manages quality assurance and production control programs to ensure established work standards are met and repairs are made on a timely basis. Coordinates shop activities with other repair shops to ensure equipment is quickly repaired and returned to user. Establishes and conducts a shop safety program per applicable regulations. Establishes maintenance and repair schedules based on equipment schedules and availability of parts, tools, personnel, and unit/customer mission. Prepares and briefs daily shop operations. Develops performance standards, counsels employees on performance and makes formal and informal performance appraisals
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Working supervisory position (with direct labor productive workload). Ensures established policies and procedures are effectively enforced. Controls shop maintenance to ensure maximum utilization of assigned personnel.
2. Directly supervises the Allied Trades section, performing welding (Brazing, ARC, TIG, MIG, etc.) and machine fabrication operations, frame repairs and other related tasks
3. Accountable and responsible for all Property assigned to the Allied Trade Shop.
4. Performs repairs and services of equipment at the Field and Sustainment (limited) support levels of maintenance.
5. Responsible for all Body, Machining, Welding, Paint, Key and Lock, and Canvas Repair Shop operations.
6. Maintains the highest standards of workmanship and quality. Maintains control over material requirements, enforces supply economy, and controls usage and care of Government parts, tools and equipment.
7. Directly account for and supervises the management (usage and replenishment) of bench stock items.
8. Directly supervises the Body Section, performing body straightening and repair, sheet metal repairs and fabrication.
9. Coordinates and performs repairs in accordance with manufacturer standards or technical publications. Plans, receives and control repairs as required.
10. Prepares and briefs the daily shop operations and productivity reports.
11. Exercises maintenance serviceability and control of shop equipment, including required forms and records.
12. Provides technical assistance regarding shop operations. Reviews job descriptions, vacancies, interviews and recommends candidates for selection. Counsels employees on their performance. Initiates awards, disciplinary actions and training requirement.
13. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer and associated software. Machining, welding, automotive body/frame and fabric repairing equipment. (Note: Must have the ability to acquire and maintain a government issued Common Access Card (CAC). Must possess a US Driver’s License (valid for at least 12 Months upon hire) with the ability to obtain a Kuwait Heavy Driver’s License.
Work is generally conducted in a shop environment; however, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions/ambient temperatures.
Work may require very heavy lifting up to/exceeding 70lbs, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
1. American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) Certification (Preferred)
2. Nondestructive Inspection/Testing (NDI/T) (Preferred)
3. Military Allied Trades Training/Certification (Preferred; Must provide DD-214)
8-10 years minimum experience in Allied Trades operation (i.e., fabrication, machinist, welding, and auto body repair) or equivalent combination of education and experience, with at least 3 years supervisory responsibility.
1. Ability to collaborate a work style fosters cooperation and teamwork.
2. Possesses excellent interpersonal skills; must be customer-oriented and diverse.
3. Ability to work effectively with employees and management of all levels to include multi-national staff, superiors, and ranking military officers and non-commissioned officers.
4. Ability to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion.
5. Highly proficient in English, both verbally and written; and shop mathematics.
6. Basic proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
7. High-level organization and planning skills so workflow is managed efficiently and accurately.
8. Ability to read, analyzes, understand and interprets blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, reports technical publications and documents.
9. Ability to design, plan and execute fabrication projects.
10. Ability to obtain and maintain AWS/CWI Certification.
11. Knowledge of Welding/Fabrication requirements for United States Government equipment.
12. Knowledgeable of the Army Maintenance Management Principles and Standards.
13. Knowledgeable of physical security of government issued equipment.
14. Ability to prepare reports and brief daily operations.
15. Ability to lead and perform at a high level in a stressful demanding environment
Yes – Supervise personnel engaged in fleet maintenance activities.
Primary Location: Kuwait
Clearance Level required at Start Date: NACI
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Work Status: Full-time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.