Psu Finance Assistant Priority For Kuwaiti Nationals Jobs Vacancy in Activeunited Nations Development Programme Undp
- Psu Finance Assistant Priority For Kuwaiti Nationals
- Activeunited Nations Development Programme Undp
- 01 May, 2019 23 days ago
Activeunited Nations Development Programme Undp urgently required following position for Psu Finance Assistant Priority For Kuwaiti Nationals. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Psu Finance Assistant Priority For Kuwaiti Nationals Jobs Vacancy in Activeunited Nations Development Programme Undp Jobs Details:
Under a Matrix reporting line DRR/Operations Manager, the PSU/Finance Assistant provides PSU support to the Programme Unit and financial support to the Finance Unit ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The PSU/ Finance Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The PSU/Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and other teams in the CO and with UNDP HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
- Support to administration and implementation of programme/operations strategies
- Support to administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system.
- Accounting and administrative support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules and regulations and other relevant policies on financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Provision of inputs for preparation of cost sharing, trust fund and other agreements, follow up on contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts.
- Provision of information for formulation of work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and execution modalities.
- Tracking and preparing spreadsheets on mobilized resources
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Processing of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the services provided by elaboration and implementation of the income tracking system and follow up on cost recovery.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Maintenance of the filing system.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, preparation of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NIM/DIM projects processing of PO and non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Processing of transactions, ensuring that they are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas in conformity with the internal expenditures control system.
- Timely corrective actions on erroneous data in Atlas.
- Compilation of data for internal/external audit.
- Provision of inputs to reports including donor reports. Backstopping the Finance Associate when needed including ATLAS pay-cycle functions, bank reconciliations and cash management.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the organization of training for the office staff on programme/operations related issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in programme finance.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
The successful completion of the UNDP AFT is a mandatory pre-condition for placement on the short-list for all applicants that do not have qualifications that exempt them from the test and if the institution is not recognized.Those who are selected for this position yet do not hold a professional accountancy certificate must enroll in Finance Training and Certification Programme (FTCP) and complete it to the level commensurate with the position thereafter.