District Manager Jobs Vacancy in Expeditors
Expeditors urgently required following position for District Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
District Manager Jobs Vacancy in Expeditors Jobs Details:
Scope of Position
- To further develop the branch in the marketplace through focus on Operations, Finances, Sales, People, Systems, and Culture.
- To stay in adherence to the company’s policy, procedures and business code of conduct.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain an effective branch organization chart, which is designed for flexibility and growth
- Prepare, execute, monitor and update at regular intervals the business plan for the branch
Monitor and improve key departmental productivity indicators including but not limited to:
Shipments Per Desk (SPD)
Revenue Per Desk (RPD)
Expense Per Desk (EPD)
Revenue Per Shipment (RPS)
Revenue to Expense ratio
Instill and foster a climate of compliance at all times to regulations.
This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Performance Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer policies/requirements.
- Assist the management team to map and understand their department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency to offer customer better cycle times and service as well as controlling costs.
- Ensure all customer standard operating procedures are documented and kept up to date in the Customer SOP by the management team.
- When needed assist managers in building and maintain strong relationships with vendors (airlines, trucking companies, and others)
- Evaluate vendors at defined intervals per company policy, focusing on areas of possible improvement with corrective action plans where needed.
- Regularly read and review business and trade journals and attend industry events to further market and industry knowledge.
- Prepare the annual branch budget and review with your CM or RVP.
- Review monthly the branch and department financial PnL, productivity results and goals.
- Review, understand and focus on improving branch cost control.
- Conduct weekly Accounts Receivable meetings and proactively work to maintain accounts payment within 30 days.
- Ensure company credit procedures are followed and utilized effectively.
- Manage accounts payable to vendors (airlines, truckers etc.) utilizing BNP.
- Manage inter company accounting discrepancies via AJAX report.
- Review Daily Branch Revenue report (Daily).
- Ensure any contracts, vendor, customer or other, are reviewed in accordance to company contract policies prior to being signed.
- Follow company capex procedure for the purchasing of any equipment for your staff or department.
- Utilize Top 20 Accounts report to continually evaluate the development of your branch client base and the revenue distribution amounts and % of top clients, and work towards goal of balanced customer base (no more than 10% revenue by one customer)
- Actively develop business for the branch through active involvement in sales and retention process and close coordination with sales department.
- Attend the weekly branch sales meeting and facilitate the involvement of all managers in the branch sales program
- Assist the DSM in the creation of the annual district sales plan and ensure that this is in line with budget and product business plans.
- Complete 5 Sales and/or Retention Calls per week and ensure they are documented in the appropriate databases.
- Ensure Customer Reviews are completed with all customers with more than $500 revenue per month.
- Pro-actively provide pricing alternatives, routing solutions and technical assistance to clients through internal sales both regional and global.
- Ensure that the branch has an active role in the transition of new business / and continues to develop existing business.
- Identify, develop, and mentor your No. 2.
- Each department must have a strong structure in order to have flexibility and growth when needed.
- Review and conduct staff appraisals timely, and at a minimum once per year per direct report.
- Ensure all staff and positions have job descriptions, clear expectations and are working with structured development plans.
- Ensure and assist managers and key staff with goal setting and monitoring.
- Monitor staff turnover and conduct regular interviews with potential new personnel.
- Plan for and hold effective weekly department meetings with team.
- Review branch goals and business plans periodically with staff to ensure by-in and accountability.
- Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year, including as needed management/leadership training.
- Ensure each member of the team has a clear development plan that matches current or future job requirements
- Be open to implementing new system changes and enhancements into your branch.
- Be involved and suggest system/process improvements.
- Set the tone of this environment within your branch.
- Proactively promote the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humour, and Visionary.
- Periodically monitor the levels of customer service within your branch team
Country Manager or RVP (Direct)
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience
- Must have managed a Department P & L for minimum of 5 years or more
- Strong business acumen
- Proven leadership attitude and background
- Strong market and product knowledge
- Strong Sales Orientation
- Working knowlege of more than one service
- Understanding of Profit & Loss Statement
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program