Administrative Assistant Human Resources Jobs Vacancy in American University Kuwait Safat Square
American University Kuwait Safat Square urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant Human Resources. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Human Resources Jobs Vacancy in American University Kuwait Safat Square Jobs Details:
Scope and Purpose:
This is a support-level position within the Department of Human Resources. The person in this position is responsible for human resource matters related to payroll and HR administrative activities. S/he is responsible for assisting payroll processing for employees and student workers and providing support to the HR administrative function within the HR Department. The admin assistant is accountable to the Director of Human Resources, and for contributing to the mission, goals, and objectives of the Human Resources Department and that of the American University of Kuwait.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Payroll Administrator with preparing monthly payroll for employees and student workers using the Banner Payroll System and submits it to the Director–Human Resources for review and approval.
- Performs clerical and administrative work involved in the operation of the University payroll program by processing computer applications, and by checking all work for completeness and accuracy in conjunction with the Payroll Administrator.
- Prepares authorized payroll changes, by generating payroll rosters showing each payee, their deductions, wages, and other related information.
- Ensures the accuracy of payroll records by maintaining payroll changes, additions, deletions, and related information in coordination with the Payroll Administrator.
- Works closely with the Payroll Administrator to ensure proper payment of monthly salaries for both AUK employees and student workers by computing individual earnings, deductions, withholdings, and related payroll information.
- Enters and updates new employee information within the Banner HRIS to be included in the payroll module.
- Maintains and updates employee leave records and generates periodic leave reports.
- Updates employee status changes in the Banner HRIS in order to ensure accurate title, departmental, and salary information.
- Issues and creates regular and special reports for the Director of Human Resources, and assists with various HR projects.
- Provides weekly reports and updates of all activities related to HR Administration and payroll to the Director of Human Resources.
- Performs administrative duties, collects and compiles data, prepares reports, and maintains records and documents as required.
- In the absence of the HR assistant, acts as backup for record-keeping, updating employee files and other related tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business administration, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required.
- Specialized training in payroll administration, compensation, HRIS, or HR administration preferred.
- Bilingual (Arabic and English) preferred.
3 - 5 years payroll experience and administrative support; experience within a university environment is a plus
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to:
- Submit a cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact details of three personal references.
In completing your application, please quote position code number in the email subject line:
Administrative Assistant - HR - AA/HR/03062019
Information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applicant must possess a valid and transferrable residency in Kuwait.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.