Fire Captain Jobs Vacancy in Vectrus
Vectrus urgently required following position for Fire Captain. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Fire Captain Jobs Vacancy in Vectrus Jobs Details:
- Implements the fire protection programs that conform to the Performance Work Statement. Implements and maintains a safe workplace, ensuring safety is the highest priority. Complies with all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) and Quality Assurance (QA) requirements and goals. Provides documentation to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation. Ensure that all subordinate employees are trained and understand EHS and QA requirements and goals. Maintains documentation as necessary to meet these requirements.
- Conducts fire inspections and ensures that facilities are safe and documentation is recorded and tracked. Operates computerized digital fire alarm receiving equipment including two-way radio communications equipment. Performs additional logistical duties in support of fire department operations to include, maintaining accountability of equipment, scheduling maintenance of equipment, coordinating appointments of subordinates, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Ensures that emergency equipment under the control of the fire department is operational and in a state of readiness as required by NFPA or other industry standards. Responds to emergencies, disasters, and hazardous material (HAZMAT) spills according to the responsibilities identified in the department work instructions, standard operating procedures or the Emergency Management plan. Serves as the team leader for a rescue unit, ladder truck, engine company, water tender or airport crash apparatus. Enters burning or contaminated structures, vehicles, and other immediately dangerous to life and health areas to fight fires and/or perform rescues while wearing required personal protective equipment. Directs Crew Chief/Company Officer level operations for structural fires, aircraft fires, rescue operations, medical emergencies, hazardous materials responses and other emergency events as directed.
- Provides supervision to firefighters. Required to maintain and clean personal protective equipment and supervise firefighters in cleaning equipment and facilities. Performs duties in support of organizational metrics. Trains and orients subordinate employees on performance, documentation, and activities that effect the achievement of department metrics. Adequately and honestly tracks all data related to metrics. Supports the achievement of KBOSSS metrics, whether metrics can be directly or indirectly affected by this position’s activities. Provides direct support, using staff resources if necessary, to the achievement of all metrics related to the PWS and KBOSSS. Attends meeting in the absence of the supervisor or as needed.
- Communicates professionally, both orally and in writing, with their subordinates and others as needed to relay information necessary for job success. This includes, but is not limited to, staff meetings, performance appraisals, job requirements, division metrics, projects, quality standard procedures, and safety practices. Works to achieve KBOSSS goals and PWS commitments. Performs other duties as required.
- Shall conduct or assist in Fire Investigations pending proper certifications; as needed. Technical Investigations are required IAW AR 420-1 when a fire causes a death or when equipment or real property damage exceeds $250,000.00.
- Performs other related tasks as directed.
- High School diploma or equivalent (Associate Degree in Fire Science preferred)
- DoD, Pro-board or International Fire Services Accreditation Congress Certification as:
- Fire Officer II, Airport Firefighter, Fire instructor I, Fire Inspector I, HazMat Operations and Incident Commander, (HazMat Technician preferred), and (Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or higher preferred)
- Valid/current US driver’s license, Valid US Passport, Secret clearance.